Saturday 23 February 2008

Active Art


The day of our meeting in Brighton I went that afternoon to the beach in Ferring. We were starting a new project and in an inept attempt to intrigue the students I failed. The high tide concealed a cement platform. I walked in fully clothed and the idea was a thin layer of water coating the platform would create the illusion of my walking on water. Sadly the tide was fierce, the platform slippy and the students should have stayed on the beach but instead started to join me in the water. Fearing for my career (having forgotten til this point to do a risk assessment) I had to abandon the demonstration watched by my new Head of Department. Our 'artist in residence' recorded the event thus and I sadly do appear to be paddling and not at all messianic.
S

No comments: