Wednesday 27 February 2008

Torpid Tales: Chapter 11 The Gravy Train 2

The white room with greying floor was odd. Brutal. The ledge aggressively highlighted unbelonging. Puppy eyes adored then flipped and dissolved. Teeth clacked off with parsley to chitter and glitter elsewhere. The way home. At East Croydon a drunk but not drunk was hostile accusing a shopper of banging her bunny and smashing its chocolate head. The carriage emptied. A mile or so from the last station it stopped. A loud hiss behind and a fumble and stench. A bottle half filled. Then. I will cut off the cunt's head. Shouted aloud. To an empty but not empty carriage. We sat. Still. I silent. I waited. Waited for something to happen. Waited for nothing to happen. I got off. I am off the train I said into my phone.

1 comment:

crisp said...

ever thought of a career in the Southern Rail Publicity Department?